John Hauck House
Dayton Street Historic District
The elegant, stone-fronted Hauck townhouse on Dayton Street’s “Millionaire’s Row” was CPA’s first office, with a museum housed on the first floor. The sumptuous Victorian interior is filled with exquisite murals, wood trim and plasterwork. CPA now uses the house for programs and workshops, utilizing the ongoing restoration as a case study. Rental income from the carriage house helps support the house.
Built c. 1870 for coal dealer John Skaats, the house was purchased in the 1880s by beer baron Hauck, whose brewery was located a block away. CPA repurchased the house from Historic Southwest Ohio in 2008 and is proud to be the steward of this Cincinnati landmark.