Walnut Hills Presbyterian Church Tower
Standing nearly ten stories tall, the Walnut Hills Presbyterian Church Tower is the last standing remains of the Walnut Hills Presbyterian Church, built in 1885 and razed in 2003. Designed by renowned architect Samuel Hannaford, the church had a rich legacy as an integral link with the anti-slavery Abolitionist movement in America. The Tower bears witness to a courageous stand for racial justice that helped form the nation’s views on slavery.
Cincinnati Preservation Association is grateful for the dozens of donors and in-kind supporters who came together to fund the over $500,000 Tower restoration.
The Tower will now serve as a gateway to the Harriet Beecher Stowe Cultural Heritage District. The completion of this important restoration project provides a powerful endorsement and visible reminder of Walnut Hills’ nationally significant commitment to diversity, equality and community.
In 2009, Walnut Hills Area Council served as the annual sponsor of the Walnut Hills Presbyterian Church Tower.